david craig
david craig, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  owner/mechanic at 3D Automotive
4993992

I have a 2011 Venza. A few weeks ago, I got a check engine

Hello I have a 2011 Venza. A few weeks ago, I got a check engine and AWD light. Brought it to the dealer's and they changed the O2 sensor and another sensor
JA: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?
Customer: It's blinking this time
JA: Are you fixing your Venza yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I listed above what the dealer's did They replaced the 02 sensor and another sensor
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: It would not start earlier... First time that has happened
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I paid the $20 so not sure what happens next...
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Now today, it would not start and when it finally did, it was very choppy and then a minute later the check engine light came on (blinking this time, not solid), and AWD again.

Hi Im David. the check engine light is flashing and you are having a hard time starting because you are experiencing major misfires caused by either the coil packs, fuel injectors or poor compression.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
what would be a likely fix now?

you need to have a code reader put on it so i can know the code numbers and will be able to tell you whats needs to be done

if you dont have one, you can run to autozone and they will do it for free.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you. Will have to go to AutoZone. Not happy that I just spent all the money only to have the stuff come on again two weeks later

That is why I tell my customers to never take their vehicles to the dealer. I will help you get it fixed.

please write the codes down and let me know what they are.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I will, thank you

you bet

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
They didn't give my the codes, but they are saying is coming up ignition misfire and they moved the coils and seems to be OK now? Car is a 2011 with 45k for miles.

try driving it up a hill and see how it acts

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It was towed today...Sputtering all over the place, no power it seemed to anything

but i thought you said it seems to be ok now????

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Sorry that's what the mechanic said, that it seems OK. They were keeping it tonight and find the it in the morning when it's colder to see how it started.

ok. well please keep me posted. and please tell them you want to know the codes

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you

you bet

just checking in to see how its gong

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
They said that there was no code because when they got the car, the lights did not go back on again. They could not replicate the problem but said they moved the coils and tried driving it a bunch of times and it was fine. They had the car since Monday and I got it back last night.

ok, but I wonder if they checked it under a load like going up a hill with everything turned on.

well good luck. please accept the answer and leave a 5 star rating for me if you were satisfied with my help. thank you. have a great week

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I'll try it on the hill today and will leave you feedback. Thank you

you bet

just checking in to see how its going

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It seems to be going OK so far. Thank you for checking in

thank you.