Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  master tech at Toyota dealer
24571351

Passenger sliding door on Totyota Sienna stuck halfway open,

Customer Question

passenger sliding door on Totyota Sienna stuck halfway open
JA: What year is your Sienna?
Customer: 2006
JA: Are you fixing your Sienna yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: we pushed the button to disable the power door and checked to make sure nothing is blocking the door, but we don't see anything. We cannot close the door manually either
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: we would be happy to use the door manually without the automatic power, but we don't want to spend a lot of money to fix it
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Toyota
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
We got the door closed, but it is not fixed. We will plan to not use it in the meantime.
Expert:  Peter Bagley replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer, my name is ***** ***** Toyota master tech here to help. I cannot see or hear your vehicle so I rely on your input so I can help you better. I read your notes and have a question before we start. Does it open manually? Do you hear the motor try to open the door when you activate the switch/

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
we can hear the motor try to open the door when we activate the switch but it does not move.
We were able to force the door closed, but we cannot open and close it easily, so for the meantime we are using the manual sliding door on the driver side and not using the passenger sliding door at all.

Ok there are two things that is common on these vehicle's that go wrong with the power sliding doors, {1} cable breaking, {2} The door actuator

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
We can see the cable and it appears to be intact. It could be the door actuator. I am not familiar with that.

Yes that is the other common problemwould you like me to offer the phone call to explain?

I have everything waiting to show you step by step how to fix your problem just waiting for your reply