Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

470 gx lexus heat gauge stays in middle. blows only cold air

Customer Question

470 gx lexus heat gauge stays in middle. blows only cold air on both sides. coollant is way below lower mark. could it be coollant level is too low.
JA: Have you checked the coolant level? Have you checked for a leak in the radiator?
Customer: I just went out to car and heating was know working. As for the coollant level, it is still in the sme place, way below lower mark of container.
JA: What year is your GX?
Customer: 2008
JA: Are you fixing your GX yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No, I have not tried anything yet. Was considering to put more coollant in it. I don't know if (my wife Deb had the temp set at 85 and "HOT prior when I started it today) makes a difference. And one month ago Toyota dealership replaced water pump, coolant, timing belt, and caliper and brake pads, rotor core return.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Toyota
Expert:  david craig replied 5 months ago.

Hi Im David, low coolant level is having an affect on the heat absolutely. fill it up. rev the engine, fill it up again. see if that helps. if not we will move on

just checking in to see how its going