Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  master tech at Toyota dealer
24571351

My 2013 Avalon doors will not open with the remote & the key

Customer Question

My 2013 Avalon doors will not open with the remote & the key that is inside the remote will not open the door either. I
JA: Is the key stripped or worn?
Customer: No, I have never used it. I even bought a second key at the time of purchase in 2013, and it won't open the doors either. Was someone at the dealer supposed to cut the manual key that's inside the remote
JA: Are you fixing your Avalon yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I had to leave my car in another town tonight, my husband couldn't even get the hood to open & the trunk won't open either with the remote, or I would have crawled through the trunk & unlocked the doors. It is like 10 degrees outside.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I called Toyota in Hopkinsville tonight before 8 & service was gone and the salesman had no idea why Ilyhe remote or key wouldn't unlock the door my husband wonders if the battery to the car itself died
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Peter Bagley replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer, my name is ***** ***** master tech here to help. I cannot see or hear your vehicle so I rely on your input so I can help you better.I read your notes to your problem. Yes it could very well be the battery and when locked if you have theft deterrent it will put the locks on hold so nothing works