Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

GEN 2 09 PRIUS POAA6 CODE AND WONT START. NO POWER COMING

Customer Question

GEN 2 09 PRIUS POAA6 CODE AND WONT START. NO POWER COMING FROM THE HV BATTERY TO THE INVERTER WHEN SHIFTED OUT OF PARK. WONT GO INTO DRIVE OR REVERSE.
WONT GO INTO READY MODE
Category: Toyota
Expert:  nelson freitas replied 4 months ago.

Thanks for using Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I have been an automotive technician for over 12 years, and I am currently working at a Toyota dealership.

I have been looking into this for you, from what I can see is that this code should be a 7 digit advanced diagnostic code. Are there 3 more numbers that you can see, or maybe a code description that may be shown on your code reader?

Let me know what you find, I'ld like to help you with this problem.

Nelson

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
90aa6 was the only code on it from Precision Toyota here in Tucson Arizona.
I just bought the car non-op and the codes had been erased. So I called the last owner Precision Toyota and they looked back in their records to find the code.
Other then that it has red triangle, VSC,ENGINE,yellow circle with exclamation point,
Abs ,traction control lites are on.
I have 221 volts at the battery but the voltage never gets past the switches in the battery that allows power to go to the inverter. Even when I take the tyranny out of gear. ( it only goes into neutral).

I would suggest maybe getting the vehicle rescanned, just to make sure that it is the same code. And also you could then have the full 7 digit code which will help in proper diagnosis.