Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  master tech at Toyota dealer
24571351

Attempting to replace the 100 amp alternator fuse on a 2003

Customer Question

attempting to replace the 100 amp alternator fuse on a 2003 tundra
JA: Most vehicles have two fuse panels. Have you located both?
Customer: yes, I attempted to pull out the 100 amp alternator fuse and it is bolted in from the bottom. i am trying to access the fuse bolts without damaging the fuse box
JA: Are you fixing your Tundra yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes, the alternator fuse is blown. I tried pulling it out like a regular fuse an it toe apart. Apparantly there is are two bolts holding it in and I am trying to get at the bottom of the fuse and cant figure out how to remove the section it is housed in from the fuse box
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No maam. Thanks for your help
Category: Toyota
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I have already unbolted and removed the top and bottom halves of the fuse box. I suspect the section containing the 100amp fuse is modular and slides out the top half of the fuse box but cant figure it out.
Expert:  Peter Bagley replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer, my name is ***** ***** master tech her e to help. I cannot see or hear your vehicle so I rely on your input so I can help you better.I read what your question is and what you have done so far. Your almost there as you have done most of the work, yes there is a section that slides out but you have to gently release the little tabs at the sides of it with a fine small screw driver.