Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  master tech at Toyota dealer
24571351

Starting 2 days ago, I've heard a high squealed pitch coming

Customer Question

Starting 2 days ago, I've heard a high squealed pitch coming from under the hood...even when truck is off. It went away for a day, but came back. Disconnected the battery, and it stopped. But when battery reconnected, the squeal resumes
JA: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?
Customer: Started 2 days ago. Can't pin-point location under the hood
JA: What is the model/year of your Toyota?
Customer: 2003 Tundra
JA: Are you fixing your Tundra yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: haven't done anything other than disconnect the battery to see if it would stop. Thinking is electrical issue?
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Peter Bagley replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer, my name is ***** ***** Toyota master tech here to help. I cannot hear or see your vehicle so I rely on your input to my questions so I can help you better. I read your question and what you tried so far.This will be difficult for any one to help you with not actually hearing it our selves but can give you some ideas how you can pinpoint where the noise is coming from. We do this at work the od time . Make yourself a long hollow tube that you can put to your ear and point at the vicinity of the noise when it happens the louder it gets follow that direction it's sort of like the game of hot and cold if you get my meaning, but it works. This noise could be a sticking vsv valve or solenoid .