Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

The speedo and rev counter turns of and when you stop the

Customer Question

the speedo and rev counter turns of and when you stop the car and restart they both work
JA: What is the model/year of your Toyota?
Customer: toyota ist 2004
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: checked all fuses etc
JA: Most vehicles have two fuse panels. Have you located both?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: dont thinkso
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Does the engine run properly and transmission shift properly with this issue when this occurs here?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
everything works fine and the car runs fine
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.

O.k.,what usually causes this fault here is a fault internally with the instrument cluster itself.If all other gauges and dash lights are working normally then this indicates the correct power and grounds are present at the cluster and the issue is in the cluster itself with it needing repaired or replaced.

The circuit board fails in the cluster causing this issue here.It can act up intermittently as you see here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete