Skyvisions
Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Toyota Master Diagnostic
8257649

Trac off light, check engine light and flashing 4WD lights

Customer Question

Trac off light, check engine light and flashing 4WD lights are on?
JA: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?
Customer: 4WD Blinks
JA: What is the model/year of your Toyota?
Customer: 2016 Sequoia
JA: Are you fixing your Sequoia yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Tried putting it in neutral and switching from 4WD Low to High? Not fixing myself, just want to know if this is serious - traveling on vacation.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Need to drive 500 miles in the next few days.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 2 months ago.

The computer AI ask you about lights blinking, did the check engine light ever start to blink disregarding the four-wheel-drive light at this time and did you use any loss of power or performance?

Hello do you still need help?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No, check engine light does not blink

If you are not losing performance and the check engine light has not started to flash you should be okay to drive until you can get the code numbers. If you're losing power or the check engine light starts to flash do not continue driving. If you can get to a nearby parts store like an AutoZone and O'Reillys are similar in most states except California or Virginia they do free malfunction code reads. With that code number I can give you a better idea what's going on. The other warning lights come on by default because of the malfunction code set in the engine computer. Even if you left the gas cap loose the last time you filled up it will set and evaporative emissions leak in the engine control computer and it will by default turn the other warning lights on. You could remove the negative battery cable to erase all the codes and that will turn the lights out until it reruns the test again or there is an additional fault.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thanks!

You are welcome. If you get the code numbers just post them back to this thread as you have been doing and I will get back to you. Do not open up another question. If you have not done so please do not forget to rate the assistance I provided to you today at three or higher.