Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Replaced passenger wheel bearing and axle just started

Customer Question

replaced passenger wheel bearing and axle just started driving the car again and the ABS light would flicker just as I put the brake on then everything fine but then when I came to a stop at a light after driving the care for about 15 miles the ABS, VCS and brake light came on but then they went off but braking seems a little erratic. Had the brake actuator replaced but not sure the mechanic did a good job sine it took him about 10 hours and then another Toyota mechanic saw a couple actuator codes could this be the actuator causing the trouble?
JA: Do you happen to know the code? Have you tried to reset the computer?
Customer: I plan to take it into the dealer tomorrow and hope I don't have a problem on the way but no I do not know the codes he saw
JA: What is the model of your '15 Toyota?
Customer: this is a 2007 Prius
JA: Are you fixing your Prius yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I am not even sure what to look for, checked brake fluid, it was OK
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: just that I was hearing a little rubbing noise at the passenger brake calipers I had assumed
Submitted: 10 days ago.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Boxer54 replied 10 days ago.

Thank you for trusting us with yur questions. Is the mechanic that did the brake work on your vehicle a certified hybrid mechanic with knowledge of how the braking system works on the Prius? Do you know if he used the proper computer equipment to bleed the brakes and reset the necessary sensors?