Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

It is a 2004 4runner no communication with any modules and

it is a 2004 4runner no communication with any modules and engine will crank by itself no auto start in this truck .
JA: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?
Customer: when starter stayed cranking couldnot get battery disconnected so it cranked till dead
JA: Are you fixing your 4Runner yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: is my daughters truck has not given any problems till now she parked it came back to it she heard clicking noises and intermittently will take off cranking by itself with the key in her hand
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: im sorry I run small shop tring to answer phone ,, the thing will crank if junp start relay but will not start with key on

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose), my normal schedule online is around lunch and after dinner till early morning.

• I am sorry no one has helped yet in return for the question fees you have already paid.
  • I believe I can help with this question.
  • Reply and let me know when your able to work on this concern.
  • A short in the ignition switch or fuse box fits your symptoms best. Can you do electrical diag?

Hello again Chris here,

1. I have to assume you were not pleased with my help, because you have not replied or rated the post.
  2. What would you like to do regarding your question now?
  3. Do you still need help? Please reply I want you to get equal to or more than what you paid for.
  4. This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. That can prevent me from being able to post answers to your replies.

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 2 days ago.
i have been locked from e mail for some time sent vehicle to Toyota dealer last Monday they told me Friday afternoon pcm is issue they want 1700.00 to replace . I had them pull pcm and I sent it to BBA reman . I don't know if this will fix it , if it don't the dealer has more diag work to do . thanks for trying DAN