Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

My hazard lights sometimes wont shut off after I open the

Customer Question

My hazard lights sometimes wont shut off after I open the doors with my keyless entry remote.
JA: Have you checked the fuses? Have you checked the door switches?
Customer: no
JA: What is the model/year of your Toyota?
Customer: 2001 toyota sienna
JA: Are you fixing your Sienna yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: this happened yesterday again and my wife drove it home with the flashers on cause they wouldn't shut off
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thats the only problem i have
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 11 days ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose), my normal schedule online is around lunch and after dinner till early morning.

Is this a OEM factory installed keyless entry system or is there an aftermarket alarm, remote start, or immobilizer installed?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
It's oem keyless entry and I do believe it has an aftermarket alarm because I see the red bulb on the side panel. I recently bought this vehicle so I'm guessing this would be an aftermarket alarm.

Thanks,

My recommendation first off is to follow the wires from that red light to its module. Remove that module and fix all wire splices to get that system off the car. Then see if the concern is still occurring and report back on the results.

Please read this:

1. Understand it's not one answer and done. We can communicate back and forth many times.
  2. I do not work at or for Just Answer. You and I can only communicate on this page.
  3. When you're pleased or happy with my answer or efforts to help you. At the top of the screen please rate me or reply and say ( I'm pleased.)
  4. When I help you I am only paid from your question value deposit when you rate me on this screen. Rating does not close the post and you're more than welcome to follow up.

Thanks for using Just Answer, Chris

Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 8 days ago.

Hello again Chris here,

1. I have to assume you were not pleased with my help, because you have not replied or rated the post.
  2. What would you like to do regarding your question now?
  3. Do you still need help? Please reply I want you to get equal to or more than what you paid for.
  4. This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. That can prevent me from being able to post answers to your replies.

Thanks Chris