Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic vehicles
45790705

2003 TOYOTA COROLLA AIR BAG LIGHT ON,HOW I CAN CK.THE

Customer Question

2003 TOYOTA COROLLA AIR BAG LIGHT ON,HOW I CAN CK.THE PROBLEM
Submitted: 8 days ago.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 8 days ago.

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

hey how are you

1-You will need a Factory scanner or equivalent to Scan the Airbag module & Retrieve fault codes To see what is is triggering the air bag light .

But if this the first time it happened and no accident happened to car .

then you Can try A master rest Yourself and see if it was a glitch .now if there is issue in the airbag system the fault will come right back and scanning will be needed, if battery went low ,it cause that trigger .but there is several components to it , seat belt , driver ,passenger air bag, air bag module , yw sensor , crash sensors etc ...

Master reset Procedure

1- Disconnect Battery Cables ( Negative & Positive Cables )you can use any electrical wire as an extension if battery cables don't reach .

2- Hold cables Together for 60 secs ,then let go

3- Wait 15 minutes

4- Make sure all doors are closed

5- Reconnect battery Cables

6- Lock & unlock the vehicles using the key from driver door side (if you have a key fob with no blade key, just lock & unlock using the key fob buttons)

7- Enter the vehicle and attempt to start

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

This is a diagram of your vehicle air bag system components for your review.

Click on the blue link to open up the picture

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 5 days ago.

Please let me know if you need anything else on it, just reply back and we will continue

If you are good, Please Kindly Rate Me.

A 5 Star Rating is much Appreciated

If you feel I have not been helpful Please DO NOT RATE ME BAD OR POOR (1 or 2 stars) ,You can always ask me again or I can opt out of your question & open it for another expert ,that will provide you with more or better assistance on this issue

Please keep in mind that when you rate me , it does not end our conversation.

you can always come back to this conversation and ask me any follow up question you may have on this issue

(you can copy this link page & paste it in your browser when ready and it will open up our conversation again)

Thank You
Chad Farhat

Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 4 days ago.

Hey raul

Just checking on you ,see if you like more assistance on the issue you having with car

Thank You

Chad