Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

I have a 2004 Toyota sienna, when I driving at any speed. I

Customer Question

I have a 2004 Toyota sienna, when I driving at any speed. I can start reducing speed and the steering will jerk to the right and start shaking back and forth. Then I speed up and it smooth out. Is it my CV axel?
Submitted: 15 days ago.
Category: Toyota
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Pete replied 15 days ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

This is usually caused by either a damaged or worn cv axle needing replaced or an output shaft bearing on the transmission itself.In some cases this can be an issue with worn bushings in a control arm needing replaced.

This will have to be inspected further to locate which is the cause here and from there then repaired to resolve this fault here.This is usually best checked with the vehicle on a hoist/lift to inspect for the fault to correct it from there.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete