Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I have a 2008 toyota tundra with 450k on it.its flashing 4

Customer Question

hi i have a 2008 toyota tundra with 450k on it.its flashing 4 low in lamp mode but also it won't start it seems like when it warms up it won't start. now that its in the garage where its warm it won't start at all. i thought maybe the computer. their is no code on the dash for thew key . its like its not giving it spark or gas but just turns over. sometimes it would not start unless it was put it neutral but then would start. its turning over fine in park and still no juice. thanks for your advise if you have any lol what can you do with an old dinosaur like this
JA: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?
Customer: my emailaddress is***@******.***
JA: Are you fixing your Tundra yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i am doing it myself. i am trying to figure out whats wrong why it won't start and would like some advise
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no that will do
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Pete replied 12 days ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Have you had the fault codes checked at all with a compatible scan tool to see what codes are set?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.