Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  master tech at Toyota dealer
24571351

2010 Rav 4 dual climate control, when I first start vehicle,

Customer Question

Hello 2010 Rav 4 dual climate control
JA: What is the model of your '10 Toyota?
Customer: when I first start vehicle, heater is off, I press several times and it finally starts on Auto control (full blast) after 30 sec or so. Drivers side is cool passenger side is hot controls work but doesn't register to the blowers. Driver cool / passenger hot blowers work
JA: Have you checked the coolant level? Has there been any leaking from the hoses?
Customer: no leaks that I can detect. do you think that's it?
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I'm not a mechanic Toyota dealers NOT very helpful just want $100 for a diagnostic issue is, car has 200K miles and still owe for 1.5 yrs need to limp along
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: NO, if I can get an idea of what the issue is potentially it may help I do have the vehicle serviced (oil change etc) so if its the coolant id be surprised (and releaved!)
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: Toyota
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
LE 4 cylinder front wheel drive
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
also, I don't want to subscribe to Justanswer only $5 for this question please! thank you!1
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
should I wait for an email reply?
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
hello??
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Peter Bagley replied 13 days ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer. I value your input to my questions so I may help you better. I will supply you with the means to do your request I am going out for a couple hours and will be back to assist you I am an Toyota master tech of 22 years .

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Thank you Pete!

So what's your wish . I can tell you up straight to replace the control unit in the dash with what your describing, that is where the problem is , They can be pricey but I would phone around to the local wreckers for a donor . They aren't hard to replace . I f you need help with that I can also do that.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Hi Peter
So best guess control panel?
OK, thanks!
Expert:  Peter Bagley replied 7 days ago.

Yes for what you described that would be my best guess.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Thank you Peter for your research
Going scrap yard shopping. Not worth replacing with a new part with theach high mileage
I appreciate your efforts!!

That would be the best bet, good thinking. If your happy with my service please take the time to rate my service, thank you.