Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  master tech at Toyota dealer
24571351

Second opinion] - I have a 94 toyota 4 runner have diagram

Customer Question

Second opinion] - I have a 94 toyota 4 runner have diagram and removed inner back door panel, the door lock won;t unlock don't know what I need to do to get it to unlock.. there is a green plastic tab don't want to break it how do I get the lock off the actuator
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Peter Bagley replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer . I value your input to my questions so I may help you better. Is there any way you could send me some pictures of what your talking about If not that's ok we can still figure it out but would be easier .

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Can't get door handle to work on tailgate, assuming it need to unlatch. i just got vehicle don't know. I am having a problem getting the door lock to work with key. Can't find lock replacement online. The key turns but won't bring window down. Did get to work briefly but window needshopping realigning. How would you handle my dilemma

Those are great pictures! thanx , I have worked on several of these and up here in Canada our problem was the window and locks would rust up badly if you didn't service them by cleaning and lubing them on a regular basis once a year was good. I could walk you through this allot better over the phone if you wish but it's up to you. Just let me know so we can continue. They can be quite complex to figure out if you have window problems as well.

Just let me know how you want to pro sue this.