Skyvisions
Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Toyota Master Diagnostic
8257649

I have a 1994 lexus that the engine light came on coming

Customer Question

I have a 1994 lexus that the engine light came on coming home from work.
Submitted: 14 days ago.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 14 days ago.

did the check engine light at did the check engine light at any time start the Flash? Did you notice any loss of power? Did the temperature gauge go above the midpoint towards hot?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
nope none of them
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I just started my car and the engine light came on. No noise, temperature gauge was in the middle, not

I see that you requested a phone consultation but it did not go through. If you would like to still speak over the phone I could submit another request. The bot***** *****ne is if the check engine light came on the other warning lights for the vehicle skid control may also come on that's not to worry provided the check engine light does not start to flash and you're not losing any power or performance. If that is the case you should be able to continue to drive the vehicle. It probably is something emission-related like a loose gas cap or something similar. In Most states accept California or Virginia they do free malfunction code reads at auto parts stores. If you can swing by one of those parts stores and find out what the code numbers are there would be setting in the computer using a code reader then post them back here I can provide you with additional information. Otherwise you should be good to drive.