Skyvisions
Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Toyota Master Diagnostic
8257649

What will fix this code on my 2006 4runner C1223, Code c1223

Customer Question

What will fix this code on my 2006 4runner C1223
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?
Customer: Code c1223 ABS,VSC.
JA: Are you fixing your 4Runner yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes, tride mothing but clear code
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: NO.
Submitted: 15 days ago.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 15 days ago.

Any ABS codes? Did you check it with the jumper wire method or only the scan tool? This code you have is for the vehicle skid control system it's detecting a malfunction in the ABS system.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I check with scaner it said abs malfunction in ABS system, I want to know where the problem is sensor on wheel or pump.

place a jumper wire in the terminals as dictated in the attachment. Turn the key to the on position and monitor the flash pattern of the ABS light. There will be a lot of lights flashing just focus on the ABS light. Let me know what the two digit code numbers are that it displays.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Jumper wire code 94

Just to clarify you're saying that you inserted the jumper wire as specified turn the key on and the ABS light flashed nine times the slight pause then for flashes? If that's the case then with a jumper wire installed and the key in the on position depress the brake pedal eight times or more within five seconds let me know if the ABS light starts to flash normal and the code clears.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
abs flash normal

Remove the jumper wire and drive the vehicle and see if all the warning light stay out and the code C1223 goes away. If it does this 94 code is a bus line communication fault and could have been intermittent in the ABS system. It's possible that it is now communicating and all of the lights are out now since you cleared that code.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Code still there lights still on

are are you saying that the code 94 did not clear or the 12 23 code did not clear?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
YESS
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Code did not clear

Are you 100% certain it is a Code 94 and it did not clear? The ABS light flashed rapidly after the brake pedal push 8 times or more in 5 seconds.