trung do
trung do,
Experience:  journeyman technician at stevens creek toyota
96884327

I have a 2001 Toyota Avalon and have noticed that my Carpet

Customer Question

I have a 2001 Toyota Avalon and have noticed that my Carpet has been wet on the drivers side under the dash. Yesterday I went to turn on the heater and it wont blow warm air. I checked the raidiator water and it is very low. I just had a new Radiator installed a few weeks ago so it should have been filled. Is this all related and what could be leaking?
JA: How old are the hoses? And what driving conditions do you most often encounter?
Customer: I had all hoses replaced when the radiator was replaced. It hasnt been driven much because it is a second car right now
JA: Are you fixing your Avalon yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: The work was done at the Mazda dealership my Son works at. I had them go through the entire car mechanically and change all fluids, belts and hoses.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 19 days ago.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  david craig replied 19 days ago.

Hi Im David, did you notice if it was water or antifreeze that was on the floor soaking the carpet?

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
It was discolored and couldnt figure it out when I checked my radiator fluid this morning the last mechanic used a yellowish antifreeze and I believe this could have been what has been leaking on the drivers side

your heater core is bad

unfortunately that's not an easy job.

Expert:  david craig replied 18 days ago.

Do you still require assistance?

please accept the answer and leave a 5 star rating if you were satisifes with my assistance. its the only way i get credit for my help. thank you and have a great weekend

Expert:  trung do replied 15 days ago.

HI THIS IS TRUNG DO YOU NEED ANY FURTHER DETAIL