Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic vehicles
45790705

I Have a problem in my Toyota RAV 4 2001 The car is working

Customer Question

HI I Have a problem in my Toyota RAV 4 2001
The car is working very rapid rotation of the motor 1300 rpm
it is Red Light "with the machinery)
Somone told me this can be som sensor how controls the rpm
JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: this is like sign of an engien in some cars there is alsow marked with " chek engien "
JA: What year is your RAV4?
Customer: 2001
JA: Are you fixing your RAV4 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I did go to a garage and they connect him wit computure end the cmomputer said theck sensor only I dont know withs one
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Only minar work on the brakes
Submitted: 15 days ago.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 15 days ago.

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

hey how are you

1- you have a check engine light on , so if you have an advance auto or auto zone ,they will scan the car and give the fault codes so we know what is the check engine light on for , mos likely for high idle ,but it will give us a code # to go by .

2- The idle air control valve is a common issue on the rav 4 , for high idle ,but we need check first to confirm

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Please let me know if you need anything else on it, just reply back and we will continue

If you are good, Please Kindly Rate Me.

A 5 Star Rating is much Appreciated

If you feel I have not been helpful Please DO NOT RATE ME BAD OR POOR (1 or 2 stars) ,You can always ask me again or I can opt out of your question & open it for another expert ,that will provide you with more or better assistance on this issue

Please keep in mind that when you rate me , it does not end our conversation.

you can always come back to this conversation and ask me any follow up question you may have on this issue

(you can copy this link page & paste it in your browser when ready and it will open up our conversation again)

Thank You
Chad Farhat