Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

Prius will not start has lights but no control center, Head,

Customer Question

Prius will not start has lights but no control center
JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: Head
JA: What year is your Prius?
Customer: 2015 head lights and interior work. just showing key and door open indicators
JA: Are you fixing your Prius yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes. putting park break on and pushing start
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 21 days ago.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Pete replied 20 days ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In some cases this can be due to a fault with the electronic ignition switch itself.I have seen the electronic ignition switch fail on these models before needing replaced.I do suspect the battery is o.k. since the lights do work,this sounds more ignition related.Make sure all fuses are good in all fuse panels.If these are or were checked and found o.k. then I would have the fault codes checked to see if any codes are set needing diagnosed to locate the fault here.The electronic ignition switch will also need checked/tested with a compatible scan tool and multi meter in most cases.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete