Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Swapped the 2002 toyota corolla engine out to a 2004 vibe

Customer Question

swapped the 2002 toyota corolla engine out to a 2004 vibe engine and all elecrtical plug connections were made. Fuel pump did not work, changed out fuel pump and relay and 15 amp fuse is good still no fuel being pumped
JA: Has your car been stalling?
Customer: no just won't start after new engine install
JA: Are you fixing your Corolla yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: myself , everthing hooked up correctly and i changed all the fuel pump related parts that i stated
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: just that it is a vibe engine and all electrical connection are hooked up
Submitted: 24 days ago.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 24 days ago.

Do you have a voltmeter or 12 volt test light? Do you have a code reader? Are any codes set in the computer?

Customer: replied 24 days ago.
i do not have that equipment but i changed all those fuel related parts

I see you requested a phone consultation but the payment failed I will offer the premium service to you and see if you can get it to go through we can discuss this matter via the telephone but that still does not work we will need to at least get access to a 12 V test light to see if you're losing power at specific points in the system. Keep in mind that the fuel pump will only run when the key is in the start position or the engine is running if the key is simply in the on position you will not have power to the fuel pump.