Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  master tech at Toyota dealer
24571351

I replaced the flywheel a while back and ever since the

Customer Question

I replaced the flywheel a while back and ever since the ignition grinds with a high pitched sound every time you start it
Submitted: 23 days ago.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Peter Bagley replied 23 days ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer. I value your input to my questions so I may help you better. Is this noise coming from the starter area? Have you tried using a stethoscope to isolate the noise?

Customer: replied 23 days ago.
It's coming from the front end area yeah, but I can't say for sure if it's coming from the starter area. And no I haven't tried that
Customer: replied 23 days ago.
I don't want the phone call

NP we don't need to .Ok you can use a long thin screw driver or piece of small diameter tube or hose to put on starter to see if that's where it's coming from. If that' is where it is coming from remove the starter to check the teeth on both the drive on the starter and the ring gear it matches up to.make sure the starter drive goes out and back smoothly and responsive. check to make sure the bevel on the ring gear is facing towards the starter. Get back to me with your findings tomorrow It's getting late where I am.

Also look carefully all around the bell housing to make sure it is flush to the block and sitting proper.

Expert:  Peter Bagley replied 19 days ago.

just checking to see how your doing and if you need further help.