Amedee
Amedee, Toyota Technician
Experience:  ASE certified tech advanced level specialist. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector
279429

I I have a 1993 toyota pickup dlx 3.0 v6 and I have replaced

Customer Question

I I have a 1993 toyota pickup dlx 3.0 v6 and I have replaced the mass air flow sensor the icm the ignition coil an the fuel pump and today I have started my truck 5 times an on the fifth time it struggled to start like it's not getting Gass it was sputtering an I had to hold the Gass pedal in on a steady rpm an it got it started with out stalling what is my issue with this truck it's a brand new jasper motor an had the Trans rebuild too
Submitted: 23 days ago.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Amedee replied 23 days ago.

Hello and welcome!

My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question.

Expert:  Amedee replied 23 days ago.

Have you checked the fuel pressure when this hard start condition occurs?

Customer: replied 23 days ago.
Ok
Customer: replied 23 days ago.
No haven't checked that cause I'm at work driving this truck an the last ask a question machanic told me it was the check valve in the fuel pump an I just replaced that Friday
Expert:  Amedee replied 23 days ago.

So we dont know what the fuel pressure is at?

Customer: replied 23 days ago.
Im.dont have anythi ng to check that with its been an on gojng issue but it has gotten better with everything I have replaced that could have anything to do with it so far
Customer: replied 23 days ago.
This always happens after I have started it a few time after I have run around in an out of places with in a half hour if it sets over night it starts fine
Expert:  Amedee replied 23 days ago.

I would check the fuel pressure sir. You could be leaking fuel into the engine through one of the injectors or the fuel pressure regulator. This will cause the fuel pressure to leak down with the engine off.

Another possible cause would be a faulty cold start injector or a bad engine coolant temp sensor.