Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I took my prius for a safety recall service on the curtain

Customer Question

I took my prius for a safety recall service on the curtain airbag om 11/10/2016. When I get the car back, i heard a buzzing /humming sound after car turn off. The car ran out of battery and won't start after few hours. Can you tell what was wrong? Thanks
JA: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?
Customer: the battery was completely out no lights, no horn. I was able to jump start yesterday and took it for a 30 min ride. but now battery out again and wont start.
JA: What year is your Prius?
Customer: 2010 prius
JA: Are you fixing your Prius yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No, I only jump start the battery under the hood yesterday as shown on youtube by a toyota mechanic.Nothing more
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I am planning to take the car back to the Toyota dealer who did my service last week. I told the serviceman about the issue and he denied they any wrong doing. and they never touch the electrical parts. My question is what could be the cause of my problem
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Kavey replied 5 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.

It sounds like you have a bad battery. If its the original battery it is now 6 years old and that is about the right time for them to croak.

Do the light and everything work while its connected to jumper cables?