Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Have a 95 Toyota Avalon anti theft light been on a few weeks

Customer Question

Have a 95 Toyota Avalon anti theft light been on a few weeks an now the heater does not work or radio but does run.
JA: Have you checked the fuses? Have you tried to reset the computer?
Customer: Have not checked anything yet but know my buddy unlocked it from the inside when doors were locked but I was able to start the car and turn it off but light indicator still on an now know heat or radio.
JA: Soon. I'm trying to find the right Toyota mechanic for you right now. As soon as they are ready, I will let you know.
Customer: Ok thanks.
JA: Are you fixing your Avalon yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing just know reviews read that it's a common problem for these alarms to act up but car does run so now I'm here asking u for help should I look to reset it.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No just trying to basically get the heat s An defrost working.
Category: Toyota
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Also have not used the key unlock lock button since I bought it due to batteries being dead.
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 6 months ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Sorry for the delay in getting back to you; the site just notified me of your request. Could you please answer the following questions:

1) Please describe further on the heater condition. Does the blower run at all? ANy information would be very helpful.

2) Does the radio illuminate, but no sound is present?