Dan, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Dealer Auto Technician
94707146

The heater is not working but the air coditioner does, I

Customer Question

The heater is not working but the air coditioner does
JA: Have you checked to make sure the thermostat is working? What about the coolant level?
Customer: I just put the thermostat
JA: What is the model/year of your Toyota?
Customer: 1998
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes I do everything on my car my self
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Thermostat only
Submitted: 28 days ago.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Dan replied 28 days ago.

Hello my name is***** am an ASE Master Technician and I am glad to help you with your question.

Expert:  Dan replied 28 days ago.

Make sure you have no air pockets in the cooling system, bleed the air from the cooling system and make sure it is full. Also check that both lines coming out of the heater core are both hot. You may have a clogged heater core of a water pump problem. If the engine runs hot I would look at a water pump issue. If not the heater core is probably the problem. I have also seen this problem caused by a stuck or broken blend door.

Expert:  Dan replied 28 days ago.

Please reply to this if you need more help and we can continue this conversation at no extra charge. This does not have to be my only answer. If you are satisfied with my service, please rate at the top of the screen. Rating does not close out your question. Remember, sometimes it is difficult to completely diagnose your vehicle without being there, but I will try to give you the best answer I can. Hoping to be giving you 5 star service.

Thanks