Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

It set DTC P0333 knock sensor 2 circuit high input bank [2]

Customer Question

it set DTC P0333 knock sensor 2 circuit high input bank [2] where should I start
JA: Which particular sensor are you asking about? And have any trouble codes been triggered?
Customer: that is code that was triggered along with C1241 low or high power voltage. C1452 accumulator low pressure and P1604 startability malfunction. I erased codes and P0333 reset after starting engine
JA: What is the model/year of your Toyota?
Customer: 20012 Toyota 4 runner sport 4x4
JA: What year is your 4Runner?
Customer: 2012
JA: Are you fixing your 4Runner yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes used bosch obd and pullrd codes. did puliminary inspection paying particular attention for damage due to field mice. then cleared codes disconnected battery. reconnected and started vehiclto see if codes triggered again. only P0333 triggered
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no that's it
Submitted: 24 days ago.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 23 days ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose), my normal schedule online is around lunch and after dinner past midnight.

• Sorry no one has helped yet for the question fees you have already paid.
  • I can help with this question.
  • Reply and let me know when your able to work on this concern.
  • Can you hear spark knock occurring while driving? Have you checked for excessive high coolant temps? Have you perform a fuel system cleaning?
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 20 days ago.

Hello again Chris here,

• Sorry you were not pleased with my help.
  • What would you like to do regarding your question now.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Have I timed out? I was out of phone service area. Is salmon season. Went fishing anyway I do not have heating problem.and I have x not performed fuel cleaning. I'm not sure if I'm hearing a spark knock while driving. I have thought that a tick while idling was not right for a newer vehicle. It has done it since we bought it new. I have a scan tool . I will go into more detail once I know you are still with me
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 18 days ago.

On the 17th at 12:39pm central is when the post times out.

A spark knock would be heard as ping noise when under load like when going up hill in high gear and the transmission is close to downshifting.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
No it didn't do that. But c when the check engine light came on I was going down hill and had shifted down. I drive automatic but it has feature that allows transmission to be used like manual transmission
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
But it had already had previous codes set before add8tional codes set at that time. Make sense?
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
I have a scan tool that can give you the information the coolant temperature the calculated load at the time it was set. Engine feed everything that comes up on a freeze frame for the trouble code definition that cost the freeze frame was p0333

Can you give me all the codes which have come up which you have not done diagnostics or repairs for and verified they are resolved.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
I okay it's at the codes p0332 and p0333
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
The check engine light is on and the all-terrain light is flashing which means it's malfunctioning
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Hello?
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 11 days ago.

This post has timed out. Are you in need of more assistance?