KALAMYKID
KALAMYKID, Shop Owner/ Tech
Experience:  I HAVE OWNED MY OWN SHOP FOR OVER THREE YEARS. I HAVE THE TOOLS AND SOFTWARE TO ANSWERE ALMOST ANY QUESTION CORECTLY.
5629372

Is this structural damage? We brought a 2013 Corolla to my

Customer Question

Is this structural damage? We brought a 2013 Corolla to my mechanic for a pre-purchase inspection and found that it had probably been towed improperly from holes not meant for towing. We were ready to purchase as everything else checks out. The mechanic was iffy about it and another mechanic next door said "just hammer it back into place" Since I have no clue about these things, my worry is that it's enough to compromise the structural integrity of the frame/unibody or possibly worsen with stress and develop into something serious over time. Is it a deal breaker? Fixable? Is it worth living with for a great price? https://goo.gl/photos/bSZ6Fipb1eYtTkxs6
Submitted: 28 days ago.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  KALAMYKID replied 28 days ago.

Do you have pictures of the damage?

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
https://goo.gl/photos/bSZ6Fipb1eYtTkxs6
Expert:  KALAMYKID replied 28 days ago.

That car was freighted incorrectly at some point in its life. The damage looks bad, but will not hurt the over all use of the car. I have seen a lot more damage than that and there was no trouble with the frame/ unibody twisting or being week. As long as there is no other structure damage, I do not see where this would be a problem. I would try to bend the metal back into place just to make sure you o not snag anything going down the road, such as a plastic bag, or trash in the road..