Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I purchase a used 2005 camry XLE with 154000 miles on it and

Customer Question

I purchase a used 2005 camry XLE with 154000 miles on it and the fob doesn't work I order two from ebay the dealer program it and it last about a hour before quitting i'm thinking about changing the DCR
JA: Did the fob come with the vehicle, or did you buy a blank?
Customer: the first two came with the vehicle and I had the batteries replaced but no luck the Toyota dealer told me that the fob was bad so I ordered two from ebay and they programmed them now the don't work
JA: What is the model of your '05 Camry?
Customer: 05 XLE
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: one time I disconnected the battery for twenty minutes that didn't work so I did some research on line a lot of peoples had the same problems with the 2002-2006
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: thinking about changing the DCR
Submitted: 30 days ago.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Peter Bagley replied 30 days ago.

Helo and welcome to just answer.I value your input to my questions so I may help you better. I would try OME fobs for the simple reason it would be cheaper to do so and from experience most electrical aftermarket components are chancy to try not just key fobs but sensors too. It's the old scenario you get what you pay for. This is just my experienced advice. I won't ask for an ratting for giving you some friendly advice. Good luck.