Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I'm driving back east and I have a cb radio that I need to

Customer Question

I'm driving back east and I have a cb radio that I need to install in my 2012 Toyota Rav 4. The place to best install the radio would be on the right side panel of the center console. I figure on mounting the radio bracket mount on the side panel. So I need to find out the best way to disassemble the center console to remove the right side panel in order to drill two small holes in which to attach the radio mounting bracket. Can you advise me on such an operation?
JA: Is this an aftermarket stereo, or did it come with the car?
Customer: This is not a stereo FM radio but rather a CB (Citizens Band) radio. And it would be aftermarket
JA: Are you fixing your RAV4 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I check with the dealer where I purchase the vehicle and they don't do this type of installation. I've done nothing so far. I wanted to get information on this before I started to do the work.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I can't think of anything else. That's pretty much it. Thanks
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 1 month ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose), my normal schedule online is around lunch and after dinner past midnight.

• Sorry no one has helped yet.
  • I can help with this question.
  • Reply and let me know when your able to work on this concern.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Well Moose, I waited for over an hour on line for someone to respond. I wasn't anticipating it taking so long and as it was getting well into the afternoon hours there were other things I needed to do. I did manage to touch bases with someone locally who was able to show me what I needed to do in order to install the radio. So, I won't need your help after all. That being the case I anticipate a refund will be made to my paypal account at the earliest possible time. Thank you just the same though. Respectfully ***** *****