Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I have been Diagnosed Scan P0770 and P0171, how serious the

Customer Question

I have been Diagnosed Scan P0770 and P0171, how serious the problem can be and how I can repair cheap for Corolla 2001
JA: Are you fixing your Corolla yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Not myself but wanted to see whther it is worthy to repair with 177K milage on it.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not anything else, the light comes and go for a while after I check the Oil and Transmission measurement
JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: Check Engine light came on couple days ago and gone when I checked the Engine oil is low and checked the Transmission measurement then it gone for a while and it came back couple days ago and stayed. Change the Oil but still is on then got a free dignostic code scan and it came with P0171 and P0770 but they did not say about the repair. I checked same way moving the Oil check measurement stic and Transmission measurement stick then again gone for now. Dont know what to do.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Super Mechanic replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site, I am reviewing your question and will reply shortly, thanks.

The P0171 trouble code indicates a lean running condition and the P0770 is an error in the torque converter lock up clutch solenoid, valve or circuitry.