Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

I just finished install of reman block 3vze in my 92 4runner

Customer Question

Hello. I just finished install of reman long block 3vze in my 92 4runner automatic. It had new knock sensor installed. I'm getting code 52. Does the wire for the knock sensor run directly to ecu.. does the second wire run to a ground somewhere. I feel like there's a good chance I'm having grounding issues. When I installed the ground pigtail on the back passage side head that connects to the firewall I put it in a different bolt hole so I didn't have to disrupt the torq on back bolts over can. I replaced negative bat terminal with one from my 93 runner and now I'm having issues with my heater fan not working
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

My info shows one wire that runs to the engine computer.The knock sensor receives its ground signal from the engine block when installed.Check the ground from the battery to the engine block as well as to the body and frame for any issues as this can cause this here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete