Ted Ritter
Ted Ritter, Toyota Master Tech
Experience:  Toyota Master Tech, ASE Certified
1279120

I just had a dead battery and after I had it charged it was

Customer Question

I just had a dead battery and after I had it charged it was not giving me much power wge
JA: Did you test the battery with a voltmeter? And have you ever changed one before?
Customer: no I was out somewhere but I couldn't get it driving more than 10-15 mph so I had it towed. Do you know what could be wrong? It also says check VSC system.
JA: What is the model of your '10 Toyota?
Customer: 2011 LE
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I just had all this happen and I am not a mechanic. I did have it towed to brake masters to have it looked st. I'm just stressed about what is wrong and now I don't have a vehicle
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No just curious As to what it could be, hoping not too serious.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Ted Ritter replied 6 months ago.

Thanks for posting

If the car is still at the shop call them and tell them to check the "ETCS" fuse in the fuse box under the hood, this is the "electronic throttle control system" fuse, when this fuse blows, which is common when the battery is either replaced or charged, the car will not accelerate, let then know as soon as you can before they charge you a lot of money for something else, they need to check that fuse first.