Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  master tech at Toyota dealer
24571351

2005 Camry was in accident abs brake light and check engine

Customer Question

2005 Camry was in accident abs brake light and check engine light on . I scanned it I have a code po500 engine code and no communication for my abs. The. Ehicle was hit on the right front the abs module is mounted to the right front inner frame . Could the module be bad from the impact
JA: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?
Customer: The light stays on
JA: Are you fixing your Camry yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes I changed the trans speed sensor because the speedometer is also not working but after changing it the speedometer is still inop
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Peter Bagley replied 6 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer .I value your input to my questions so I may help you better. The code you have is definitely is the speed sensor Any trouble codes detected by the ECU will disable ABS AND VSC putting those light s on. So either the sensor is not the right one , defective , loose connection or bad wiring. Once you fix that sensor problem the lights will go out also. Did you cancel the codes when you replaced the sensor ?Is it an OME part? Hope this gives you some direction to go.

you still need help?