Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

2010 Prius is on a U haul tow dolly. Brakes are locked can't

Customer Question

2010 Prius is on a U haul tow dolly.
JA: Are you fixing your Prius yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Brakes are locked can't tow vehicle.
JA: How many miles are on the car? Has this ever happened before?
Customer: 60K. No.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Can't get car on a flat bed tow truck because brakes are locked. Need truck with dollies for rear wheel. Distance to nearest Toyota dealership is over 20 miles. This is too far for dollies under rear wheels.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In allot of cases I have seen tow companies use a flat bed and lubricate the flat bed with grease to then use their winch to pull it up onto the flat bed then slide it down at the dealers without damaging the vehicle any.If this was not attempted or brought up I would see if this is an option here to get this towed.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete