Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Experience:  30 YRS EXPERIANCE, AUTO AND TRUCK,FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC, GAS AND DEISEL
17454363

I have 1993 toyota pickup dlx extra cab 3.0 v 3vz motor. Im

Customer Question

i have 1993 toyota pickup dlx extra cab 3.0 v 3vz motor. Im having issues when starting like its not getting enough gas. i have replaced the mass airflow sensor and the ignition coil and the icm too. I can steady hold a little gass on the start an it helps sometimes. and i can get it startee that he dont know whats its called or where its at on this toyota truuck that allows the valve to regulat the gas flow
d rite away after its set for a bit,but if i start stop it going in and out of stores in a row itys will struggle to start like not enough gas is getting to the motor on that start it will sputter hard an if i hold the gas with a steady and consence rev. an hold that a bit till the motor starts an run it will start while it sputters with me holding on the gas. a freind of mine does all my work on this truck its brand new jasper mmotor had the issue before the new motor .he seems to thinks some valv
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 1 month ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** is usually caused by a bad check valve in the fuel pump, this valve allows it to hold pressure in the lines when it is not running, when it goes bad, it allows the fuel to drain back into the tank,thus cusing the hard start, have you put a fuel gauge on it and seeing if the fuel pressure drops after sitting awhile?

Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 1 month ago.

are you still here?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Sorry lost Internet connection
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 1 month ago.

have you put a fuel gauge on it and seen if the pressure drops?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It only happens after I have started the truck running around on and off a few times in a short period of time.an I changed the mass airflow senor cause it had a long start an it made it better but it's the second day since I changed it an the start struggle with the seem to me not enough Gas it did again today after I started a few times
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Im.back sorry
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 1 month ago.

ok, you need to install a pressure gauge on it and start it up, and let it build pressure, then turn it off for awhile and see if it holds pressure, if it goes to zero, then the check valve in the pump is bad, and the pump will need to be replaced,Tim

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok thank you very much for all your help Tim I will do that
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 1 month ago.

Anytime my friend, Please dont forget to rate me, so I can get credit for helping,Thanks,Tim

Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 1 month ago.

Is there a reason you wont rate me??? I do not get paid unless you do?