Ted Ritter
Ted Ritter, Toyota Master Tech
Experience:  Toyota Master Tech, ASE Certified
1279120

I have a 2009 toyota and my door light on the dashboard is

Customer Question

I have a 2009 toyota and my door light on the dashboard is not going off. I have already checked the fuse not sure what else to do.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Ted Ritter replied 1 month ago.

Hello, thanks for posting

what model Toyota is it?

Does the dome light go off and on with the doors?

Most of the time this is caused by one of the door switches not working(open circuit) it can also be caused by the trunk switch.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
it is a 2009 Camry and no the dome light do not go off.

Thanks , it's most likely one of the door switches or one of the doors does not shut tight enough. First go around the car and push on each door at the rear and see if the dome light goes off, make sure it's on the 'door' setting, if it goes off check to make sure the door makes good contact with the switch or put something on the switch to put more pressure on it. Each switch provides a ground path so when the door is opened the circuit is completed and the light turns on, if a switch is open then obviously the light will not turn on. To find the bad switch each must be removed and checked with an ohm meter, the trunk switch is part of the trunk latch, with the trunk open you should be able to look down into the opening and see the switch plunger, to get to the wires thre rear panel has to be pulled off.