Ted Ritter
Ted Ritter, Toyota Master Tech
Experience:  Toyota Master Tech, ASE Certified
1279120

I have a 2007 Toyota Sequoia. I have several traction

Customer Question

Hi. I have a 2007 Toyota Sequoia. I have several traction control and brake lights on in the dash.Even the check engine light. It come up with a P0504 code and a P1445 code. I really need to know what's up with it. The brake lights on the outside of the rear hatch are working but the ones on the rear hatch come on for a brief second and stop
JA: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?
Customer: The brake light?
JA: Are you fixing your Sequoia yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have just looked at fuses so far
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't think so
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Ted Ritter replied 1 month ago.

hello, the P0504 code is a brake switch fault code, or the computer does not see that the brake lights are working, the check engine light will cause the abs and trac lights to turn on as well, The cause for the check engine light is the P1445 code which is a problem with the axiliary air injection pump which is used for emission control when the engine is cold, the pump and the control module usually need to be replaced, thre pump is located under the intake manifold, needless to say this is going to be a little expensive unless you do this yourself, there are technical service bulletins available just enter the code or information into a google search, Since the outer stop lights are working ok there may be a wiring problem at the rear or a bad ground for those lights that only comeon for a second or so, if it has an aftermarket trailer hitch there may be a problem with the trailer light converter at the rear where the harness plugs in, if possible tr disconnecting the trailer harness from the vehicle harness and see if this problem resolves.