Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I replaced my Charcoal Canister on my 2000 Camry 2.2L and

Customer Question

I replaced my Charcoal Canister on my 2000 Camry 2.2L and now getting P0440, P0442.
JA: Are you fixing your Camry yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Fixing it myself. checked for leaks, replaced gas cap, replaced solenoid and finally the Charcoal canister assembly.
JA: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?
Customer: Runs well, no drivability issue but it's giving P0446, P0441 codes.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I want make sure that I installed the hoses properly on the new Canister. a detailed diagram will be helpful.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Super Mechanic replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site, I am reviewing your question and will reply shortly, thanks.

Do you have the VIN handy?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
JT2BG22K0Y0389287

I see, thanks.

There has been a factory service bulletin on some, (not a recall) for that type of concern. The VSV for the canister, causing both codes to set.

.

Here is what it states.

.

Under certain driving conditions, some 2000-2003 model year Avalon, Camry (NAP only) and Solara vehicles, and some 2001-2003 model year Sienna vehicles may exhibit a M.I.L. "ON" with DTC(s) P0440, P0441 and/or P0446 stored due to an inoperative Canister Closed Valve Vacuum Switching Valve (CCV VSV). The CCV assembly process has been changed to correct this condition.

.

Please don’t forget to rate the answer in a positive way, . EVEN IF YOU HAVE A SUBSCRIPTION ****THAT IS THE ONLY WAY I GET PAID ****

.

Thanks