Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Help our car alarm locked the car from starting, weve chaned

Customer Question

Help our car alarm locked the car from starting, weve chaned are car ignition key recently . We dont know what to do
JA: How many miles are on the car? Has this ever happened before?
Customer: 234866 miles and yes
JA: What is the model/year of your Toyota?
Customer: 1995 Avalon
JA: Are you fixing your Avalon yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Iunlcked and locked the car took cable off and on
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I put a new ignition key My key from the door is diffent from the ignition key
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Toyota
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
You still havnt answer us on what to do, weve been here for awhile now, our 1995 Toyota Avalon alarm locked the car from starting, we have changed the car ignition key so are car key to the door and ignition key are difcerent from the other, please help
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Why havent you helped us
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
You havnt helped us with our problem yet and I need to get to work , please call with the answer to the Toyota Avalon 1995 car alarmed locked or stoped my car from being able to drive. My keys to the Ignition have been change since I bought it and the key to open the car remains original as when I bought the car, I am not at my car at the moment so please call after 7am, my name is ***** ***** my phone number is : ***********
Thank you very much
Expert:  david craig replied 1 month ago.

Hi Im David, Try doing this: disconnect the negative battery cable, turn the ignition to the ON position, leave the door open, reconnect the battery and try to start the engine.

do you still need assistance?