Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  master tech at Toyota dealer
24571351

Window buttons not working, neither is power door locks.

Customer Question

window buttons not working, neither is power door locks. Locks work with sks fob however. Just put a used power window switch, no difference. Front passenger door lock button will lock all doors. Two windows are 2 or 3 inches down and its raining. Secured til the morning. Chance the used power widow switch isn't good, but a new one is $425 so I don't want to guess. My next thought is the fuse. I bought this prius used 15 months ago. Bill.
JA: Have you checked the fob's battery?
Customer: Yes. the panic button was stuck but I was able to loosen it so the fob works and has a new battery. The stuck button caused the fob to die and nearly stranded me.
JA: What is the model/year of your Toyota?
Customer: 2007 120k miles. In really good shape, generally.
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have an independent mechanic. I put the power window switch in myself as it was raining hard, and it is a cinch. New fob battery too. My next thought was the fuse but I need to make sure its the correct one.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Fob locks/unlocks the doors. The buttons on the drivers armrest nonfunctioning. The passenger front door lock button locks all the doors. No window switch is working.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Peter Bagley replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer.I value your input to my questions so I may help you better.These master switches have had problems and there was a campaign on them I personaly replace several. So what I suggest is phone a dealer to see if your vehicle is effected by this campaign, the y will need the model production date and vin number. The other thing that it could be is the wiring going to the door from the main body as they tend to flex and brake from opening and closing the door. To check this you need to remove the lower kick plate and locate the connector to the wiring to the door disconnect it and pull it through the hole towards the door, then pull the covering back to expose the wiring, Then give each wire a little tug to see if it's broken . Hope this gives you a direction to start to solve your problem and if you require further assistance I 'll be happy to do so. I will include a couple pics to show you what to look for.but check for that campaign as well you may be intittled to a free mastere switch under waranty.