Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Temp control sensor error code P0116 and P0125 - was trying

Customer Question

Temp control sensor error code P0116 and P0125 - was trying to find out where the sensor was located and what one to get
JA: Have you checked the connectors on the sensor itself? It's important that they not be loose or corroded.
Customer: not yet.. need to locate it...so just follow the radiator hose to the sensors?
JA: What is the model/year of your Toyota?
Customer: 2008 5.7L SR5
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: have not tried to so far
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: that is the only alarm going on with the check engine can the ASL be related - I had that "turn off" when this alarm went off - can't turn it back on
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Super Mechanic replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site, I am reviewing your question and will reply shortly, thanks.

The sensor itself is on the top of the engine, (under the intake) but are you sure that the sensor is bad?

Does the engine reach operating temperature after running for a while?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It does reach temp according to the gauge, the fan runs as well. The engine will get hot if left running without moving. Temp goes down to middle range in temp gauge will driving around.

I see, thanks. There are some tests that can be done on it to diagnose the codes. Normally the tests are done with a scan tool.