Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert
Experience:  30+ Yrs of auto experience, Award Winning Svc. Manager; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner
14892859

I notice an occasional miss when driving my 2003 Camry at

Customer Question

I notice an occasional miss when driving my 2003 Camry at around 45 mph. Does not happen all the time. Has about 167,000 miles. Plugs?
JA: Are you fixing your Camry yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Have not tried anything yet. Did buy new plugs. I think I may have changed plugs around 60,000+ miles but not positive.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nope
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 2 months ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. Yes, The first thing you need to look at are the plugs. Specifically, you need to make sure that the plugs you put back into the engine are genuine Nippondenso ("ND") plugs. We have found that Toyota and Lexus vehicles do not ruin very well on plugs that are other than ND. If your plugs have not been changed, it would be a good idea to change them (get them at a Toyota dealer parts dept so you get the exact correct parts; parts stores could give you the wrong ND plugs). I would also check the air filter and replace it too if it appears dirty.

If you have any questions, please feel free to reply. Please do confirm that you have received my input. Thanks.