Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I hv a 2013 Toyota Rav 4 Just bought previously owned. And

Customer Question

I hv a 2013 Toyota Rav 4 Just bought previously owned. And My air Conditioner/Heater doesn't work at all. Not even the fan. I live in a remote community. I was hoping it just needed a new chip. Is this going to be costly to fix. Aaaack
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 1 month ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. Sadly, there is no 'chip' that can be replaced to rectify this issue, because Toyota does not use a 'chip' in any of their systems. You have stated that the heater fan does not blow. This could be a fan motor issue. Could you please open the passenger side door and look under the passenger side of the dash, and see if you can see the bottom of the blower housing? It will be a black cylindrical object. Please advise if you can see it and then we will proceed. Thanks