Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert
Experience:  30+ Yrs of auto experience, Award Winning Svc. Manager; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner
14892859

According to the scanner or reading device there is "No

Customer Question

Hi there! according to the scanner or reading device there is "No DTC", what's that mean?
JA: What is the model/year of your Toyota?
Customer: The sienna 04 died on while driving on the road. Any information will be greatly appreciated. Thank you and await your feedback?
JA: Are you fixing your Sienna yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes. I'm trying to fix it since it's my only ride to school and back.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I've tried the diagnose reader but came out "No DTC".
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 4 months ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. "NO DTC" could be one of two things:

1) the scanner is incompatible with this electronic engine management system (common on less expensive/generic scanners)

2) the Computer is faulty

3) There is no electronic failure to record DTCs, the failure is mechanical (an example of this would be a faulty fuel pump. There would not be a DTC if the fuel pump was bad or unable to pump fuel.

Most likely, without looking at it, seeing the issue and doing tests, I would suspect a faulty fuel pump. (Assuming that the No Dtc display is 100% accurate)