Super Mechanic
Super Mechanic, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years experience
2947720

I am trying to sell my 2010 prius and it can't be safetied

Customer Question

i am trying to sell my 2010 prius and it can't be safetied because of a B1826 code. I am trying to find out if is the same problem that I received a recall notice on
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?
Customer: B1826
JA: Are you fixing your Prius yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: no we took it to a mechanic to have it certified as the person buying it is adamant that it be certified. We were told that it could not be certified because my air bag light was on and the computer gave out this number B1826 as the problem
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: not that i know of
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Super Mechanic replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site, I am reviewing your question and will reply shortly, thanks.

Let me just say that any money that you paid, or if you have a subscription, that money stays in your account until the answers are rated, (positive) regardless of how fast or how long it may take to get finished. You can FOLLOW UP AT ANYTIME, even after rating. Thanks.

That has nothing to do with the recall. The recall is for a "OCCUPANT DETECTION SENSOR CALIBRATION UPDATE", whereas the B1826 code is when a malfunction is detected in the side squib LH circuit.

FRONT SEAT SIDE AIRBAG ASSEMBLY LH (SIDE SQUIB LH)

Please don’t forget to rate the answer in a positive way, . EVEN IF YOU HAVE A SUBSCRIPTION ****THAT IS THE ONLY WAY I GET PAID **** Thanks

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok is this an easy fix, or an expensive fix

They can get expensive, depending on if it is just a connection or if it will need any part(s) replaced, thanks

Where did you go?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I'm here but every answer is asking for another payment, not interested in that

You actually got the answer, and There is no way for anyone to "know" what the problem is without testing it.

The question was, "Trying to find out if is the same problem that I received a recall notice on"

The answer was, "no"

Thanks