carguy1
carguy1, auto technician
Experience:  25 Years experience all makes and models.Nissan factory trained,Certified Subaru Tech
2921078

2004 solara wont start security light blinking, Blink and i

Customer Question

2004 solara wont start security light blinking
JA: Does the light flash, blink or stay solid? Have you tried to reset the security system?
Customer: Blink and i do not know how to reset it i do not had keyless entry
JA: Are you fixing your Solara yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No parked at store and came out to this and only tried starting it over and over
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Thats all i have
Category: Toyota
Expert:  carguy1 replied 6 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question!
My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with your question today.

Expert:  carguy1 replied 6 months ago.

Does the security light stay on solid or flash when you crank the engine?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Once key is in ignition light goes off and stays off during crank
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  carguy1 replied 6 months ago.

Ok

This isn't a security issue then. If the light stayed on or if it kept flashing, the problem would be security.

This actually sounds more like a problem with the fuel pump to be honest. I have seen this in the past where you just park the car and the fuel pump stops working. Since the engine is cranking its likely that or a timing belt issue.

We can run a small test if you can get some starting fluid to see if the issue is with the fuel pump or not.

Please let me know what you would like to do.

Please let me know what more I can do to assist you today. Also, please remember to rate my answer, Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources. Follow up questions are included in the price of your question. If you are using the free trial, or have a subscription a rating is still required.
Thank you so much!

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Engine does not crank at all. Makes small humming noise when turned to on position. All accessories come on but not car
Expert:  carguy1 replied 6 months ago.

Ah

Ok, this then is a problem with the starter or a weak battery.

I would try a jump start. The humming is the starter trying to turn most likely but it's not getting enough power to turn. Try a jump start. Leave the donor car on it for 15 minutes to charge the battery, then try to start it. If it fires up, get it to a parts store if you can to have the battery tested.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Its not starting from a jump either. Is there a way to disable or turn off security without keyless entry
Expert:  carguy1 replied 6 months ago.

Well, if the security is the problem you should be able to lock the doors and close them, then use the key to unlock the door. That will turn the alarm off.

Now, think about it, the actual alarm isn't going off. So I still am suspecting a battery problem, but the starter itself could be the problem as well.

Expert:  carguy1 replied 6 months ago.

I hadn't heard back from you so I was wondering how you made out with this?