Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  master tech at Toyota dealer

Pulled up to parking space to park. In haste, did not put

pulled up to parking space to park. In haste, did not put stick in park and turned engine off. Took out the key and went about the day. Now engine will not start. How do you reset security system (computer) so that I can drive?
JA: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?
Customer: they are fine. I have done this before . just forgot the steps to reset system.
JA: What year is your Space?
Customer: do you mean truck?
JA: Are you fixing your Space yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I am referring to my truck not starting
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: what are the steps ? turn key on and off so many times? pump gas peddle so many times? etc.

Hello and welcome to just answer and allowing me to assist you. sorry for our computer answering service bit of a glitch LOL. Could you give me the year and model of your truck so I may get that info for you>

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
2007 toyota tundra
crew cab
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
not for $26

Ok give me a few to pull it up.

Make sure the drivers front(left front) door is closed and you have your car keys. Insert your door key into the drivers door and turn it to the locked position two times. Then turn the key to the unlock position twice. The alarm should be disarmed, now.

SECOND TECHNIQUE: If not then take the ignition key and turn the ignition switch all the way ON then OFF then ON a second time and OFF again. These are the procedures for nearly all factory alarm systems. If neither of these works you probably have an after market(add-on) alarm system.

Warnings This technique is only for use on your own car that you own and have keys for. If you don't have the keys- disconnect the negative battery cable to stop the horn until you get your keys. Then reconnect the negative terminal and proceed to step one. Remove the negative post of the battery for about 5 minutes. That resets all electronic components. Nevertheless, a factory alarm almost never has to be reset. Especially on that vehicle, the alarm is disabled by unlocking the driver's door.

What you may be looking to reset is the immobilizer system.the last answer is good if u have an older DEI alarm. try that first and if the valet doesnt work then try this: open the door make sure ur dome light turns on, turn the ignition on then off and then within 10 second press and hold the valet switch for 2 seconds and that will put the alarm into valet. how can u tell if its in valet mode? the L.E.D alarm light should stay constantly on, also when u press arm and disarm, u wont hear the chirps no ore, but ur parking lights will flash with the alarm and ur power locks will lock and unlock too (if they were originally hooked up to the alarm to begin with). good luck.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
How do you reset immobilizer system

ok, you have a tvip rs3000 or rs3200 model system then.

Here is what to do then:

open driver door, have the button in the OUT position, now connect the battery, push that button 3 times and then insert the key into the ignition and turn it from off to ON (not start just ON) 3 times and the alarm should silence and starter work again.

If you want to disable this alarm totally that is not a bad idea either, follow the wiring from the red light to the alarm control module and unplug the main clear connetor from the unit, also at the ignition switch you would have to unplug the ignition switch connector from the wire lead that goes to the alarm and reconnect the trucks factory connector to the ignition switch to take the ignition out of the alarm circuit.

If the button is staying in the down position then it is jammed, the button only needs to be pushed 3 times not cycled 3 times, just push it 3 times so it ends in the OUT position then do the key cycle. If you cannot get this button to act correctly then you are going to have to disable it by unconnecting it as I outlined above.